Saturday, November 7, 2009

Two for one

Yesterday, I found 32 cents. But I cheated. They weren't all pennies. I know, I know, but I never really made an official ruling on the idea of pennies as a measurement versus an actual item, did I? Let's just pretend I didn't.

Nickels are our friends. I found four of them while I was putting away my son's blocks and play food. This makes me not only a cheater, but a bad mom since my not-quite-2-year-old could have swallowed 20 cents that somehow ended up in his Elmo kitchen.

Twelve more cents showed up here and there in places I don't even remember.

Today has been more of a challenge. More cheating was involved. To find 64 cents, I had to include a quarter and two dimes. I found the quarter in the parking lot at the grocery store.

Day 6 total: $0.32

Day 7 total: $0.64

Overall total: $1.27

Tomorrow's goal: $1.28

2 comments:

  1. all in all its only "sort of" cheating.
    You're still having to search for the money and the end result, saving money, is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my thought. I think the idea is more important than the physical representation of a piece of copper.

    ReplyDelete